Disclaimer: On this post I might sound a bit ghetto, blonde, uneducated or use punctuations unnecessarily so yap!
To begin with I love love love love old romance movies! Like Dirty Dancing, Casablanca, The Shop Around The Corner such like movies.
I have watched plenty of these kind of movies, in fact let me rephrase that I watch these kind of movies every time I feel like I will end up alone with 10 cats in my house! Not that I love cats no! I hate cats, in fact I loathe them, I mean it in the sense that they would take pity on me and forcefully stay with me because that is my sad reality!
ooh well where was I? yes! romantic movies!
These movies are the worst! they are the enemy! They are brain washers and depressants, but look at me! I look for them like its some sort of food for the soul, I am addicted to them. Sometimes, it has me thinking that maybe I am addicted to the idea that, that is how love should be or that it’s how it should feel!
Why can’t it be that way? Why can’t we find that person who makes us feel like the way music does.
Personally, I have had a share of tears that I have shed watching these movies, if I started to name them, I would never finish! but let me just point out 5 that made me cry and I don’t mean cry, I mean seriously, deliriously and hysterically wail!
1. The Fault In Our Stars – Well!! We shall begin with their leader! I will just be honest with you right now! I never got to finish this movie even as I type this now, I just reached a place I just couldn’t! literally I was breathing with my mouth because my nose was so clogged with mucus, I know it’s disgusting but it’s the truth we have to face it. So basically I wouldn’t even tell you how I really felt about the movie because I never got to finish it. I just cried and couldn’t take it.
2. 3 Idiots – My all time favorite movie! I mean like literally, this movie is just all rounded! It’s comedy, it’s suspense, it’s intriguing, it’s emotional, it’s educative. I have watched it several times and I still can’t stop crying every time Raju Rastogi jumps off that balcony to take his life and to make it worse the theme song they play at that moment is not even helpful!! or when Raju and Farhan thank Rancho for pushing them to follow their dreams. I cried senseless lmao!
I mean this is the type of movie I wouldn’t go watch with my guy! Honestly! He would literally dump me! Who wouldn’t? I would dump me!
3. Pretty Woman – I have no idea even where to begin, I mean this movie is just a fairy tale of it’s own kind like c’mon seriously I highly doubt there is any man who would look at a prostitute and imagine living his whole life together with her and that’s why I love it, the whole contrast!
I was having all sorts of butterflies and lovely insects watching this movie from the way she met him, not expecting some sort of relationship and the way he treated her like she was not a prostitute (okay maybe some parts of the movie he did catch some feelings) He was just falling for her hook line and sinker without realizing it. She did have a dope personality though. The movie is just amazing.
4. The First Time – Not a movie I would normally watch but I loved it in every sense! The whole confusion in it, like I love you but we are so young, we don’t know anything about love and sex! What moved me was the maturity in this movie, like they are teenagers and they just handled everything like so grown up like. I didn’t cry though hahah.
5. The Vow – Now let’s just take a minute and acknowledge that this is like the most saddest story honestly! Allow me to veer off topic here, I am not a fan of soap operas in fact catch me dead watching them but there is this one similar to the vow! Some telenovela called La Reina de Corazones! Imagine losing a chunk of your memory like 10 years of your life and waking up to find you have a husband, some kids, hell even an ex-husband! Scary huh? Now imagine you not having any recollection of any of those things and the only thing you remember is being 20 and a virgin! Waking up to a whole new life and this wonderful man who fights for your love despite rejection. Trying to make you fall for him all over again.
Man! The whole story is just so sad but sweet!
They are plenty! letters to Juliet, Titanic, not forgetting The Notebook, Dirty Dancing and many others! I probably won’t stop watching them anyway so just in case my future husband comes across this article before he knows me well! Date nights should either be action or thriller because now you know.